Point of little return?
Point-of-sale (POS) promotions may not be reaching the desired consumer target. A Nov 1997 survey showed that POS campaigns are noticed primarily by young, single, lower-income adults, those below age 35 with annual income under $45,000. Middle-aged and older consumers with income over $75,000 and greater buying capacity show the most resistance to POS promotions.
Publication Name: Marketing Tools
Subject: Advertising, marketing and public relations
Echoes of the past, visions of the future
Members of the Society of Glass Beadmakers gathered at the annual conference in Corning, NY, celebrating the history of their art ensuring its continuation. A juried exhibition of beads and jewelry created by 37 selected artists was held in the Rockwell Museum as part of the conference.
Publication Name: Lapidary Journal
Subject: Hobbies and crafts
Zihuatanejo is a quiet fishing village located south of Ixtapa, Mexico. The atmosphere is casual and native residents are warm and friendly. Tourists find the scenery to be stunning, but planned condominiums and businesses will likely change the area.
Publication Name: Conde Nast Traveler
Subject: Travel, recreation and leisure
- Abstracts: Love on the rocks. Martian of error? Paragon of paradox
- Abstracts: Wheels of time. Out of bounds. Looking for changes
- Abstracts: Formula for fun. The last frontier. Tips from a pro: can you trust your life raft?
- Abstracts: Capturing the sky. Confessions of jewelry artists. Sky high goldsmiths(Santa Fe, CA's jewelry craftsmen)
- Abstracts: Venting is good! Data Link: the future of camera technology. A good - and cheap - closeup camera? One may be on the way