The UK precision bearings industry is largely foreign owned and the market is intensely competitive. The world bearings market relies on a mixture of modern technology, niche markets and low overheads. The industry has become more specialized, with most manufacturers focusing on a small range of products and operating through centres of excellence. Increasingly, activity based costing is being applied in the bearings industry, while expanding added value business is aimed at increasing profitability.
Publication Name: Engineering
Subject: Science and technology
The challenge of revolutionary democracy in the life and thought of Rosa Luxembourg
Rosa Luxemburg's life and wisdom illuminate the human experience and inspire several people to reach for a better world. Luxembourg's own distinctive insights come through in the way she talks about the natural world, in her sense of kinship with others, in her open and penetrating engagement with human dignity and human suffering, in her sensual formulations and turns of phrase, and in her wonderful humor.
Publication Name: WorkingUSA
Subject: Human resources and labor relations
Love & compassion: a true tail
Publication Name: Canadian Living
Subject: Home and garden
- Abstracts: Interior West. A passionate collector. Salt & pepper story
- Abstracts: Butter pats on parade. First flings in Formula 1
- Abstracts: Life on location. Telepathy, the elephant man, monstration
- Abstracts: Asheville packs the square. On the road: the Corey tour diary
- Abstracts: Linda MacNeil. Are hospital waiting lists self-regulating?