An Arbitration under Chapter 11 of the North American Free Trade Agreement between United Parcel Service of America Inc and Government of Canada
The article reports arbitration under Chapter 11 of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) between United Parcel Service of America Inc. (UPS) and the Government of Canada. UPS alleges that Canada breached its obligation under NAFTA and claims damages for the loss resulting from the alleged breaches.
Publication Name: World Trade and Arbitration Materials
Taming the dragon: China's experience in the WTO dispute settlement system
The increasingly competent and legalistic way in which China is blunting the effectiveness of the WTO dispute settlement system as a trade policy tool is presented.
Publication Name: Legal Issues of Economic Integration
- Abstracts: Natural justice and commercial arbitration. Japanese cultural trade barriers and the search for an appropriate dispute settlement forum - an Australian perspective
- Abstracts: Continuing to look a gift horse in the mouth: state death taxes and IRC section 6166. Renewal commissions and other income items as gifts to charity at death
- Abstracts: The admissibility of expert testimony and the toxic tort. Emotional distress: how I learned to stop fearing toxic torts and to sue for the fear
- Abstracts: Reforming jury practice in patent cases: suggestions towards learning to love using an eighteenth century system while approaching the twenty-first century
- Abstracts: Services regionalism in the WTO: China's trade agreements with Hong Kong and Macao in the light of Article V(6) GATS