Wide array of resources available to attorneys
Information services provided by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA) are listed. Categories include public interest publications, publications of the Roscoe Pound Foundation on law and public policy, ATLA sections and working groups providing opportunities for networking and continuing education, the ATLA's National College of Advocacy, paralegal affiliates, videotape series and periodicals.
Publication Name: The National Law Journal
Cutting costs ...and courts: judicial resources dwindle as states cope with budget crises
Many states are experiencing large budget shortfalls as a result of the weak economy. This is resulting in states having to close courts, limit their hours, and lay off court personnel. Financing for prisons is also being affected, with several states having to shut down prisons.
Publication Name: ABA Journal
Ownership of oil and gas resources in the Caspian Sea
The author examines legal issues regarding ownership to oil and gas deposits in the Caspian Sea facing Russia, Kazakhstan, Turmenistan, Iran, and Azeerbaijan, as the countries bordering the sea.
Publication Name: American Journal of International Law
- Abstracts: This estoppel has got to stop: judicial estoppel and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The benefits of applying issue preclusion to interlocutory judgments in cases that settle
- Abstracts: Video display terminals: a survey of reported results, opinions and conclusions on the association of miscarriages with terminal use
- Abstracts: Cause related marketing and corporate philanthropy in the privately held enterprise. Theodore Levitt's marketing myopia
- Abstracts: Future of Web filtering. Scientists: grass is greener in law. Patrolling the red light district of the information superhighway
- Abstracts: Communism and Camorra in Naples. Control and marginalization: federal and local politics in New York City