How Medicare is governed matters greatly given the millions of people affected by this program and its $194.26 billion cost. Medicare is governed by the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), Congress, and the courts. HCFA has complicated administration of Medicare with many sub-regulatory issuances. Congress' penchant for micromanagement and the courts' excessive deference exacerbated the problems with Medicare. European-style quasi-corporatism provides a possible model for reform.
Publication Name: Administrative Law Review
Visioneer Inc's Strobe XP 100 and XP 200 are small, light and easy to use. They are recommended.
Publication Name: Law Office Computing
Tax return complexity fuels quest for user-friendly software
A listing of tax preparation software programs is presented.
Publication Name: Practical Tax Strategies
- Abstracts: Rationing health care while writing blank checks for environmental health hazards. Environmental crime and the police in Europe: A panorama and possible paths for future action
- Abstracts: Courting justice: addressing gender bias in the judicial system. Major league baseball's disempowered Commissioner: judicial ramifications of the 1994 restructuring
- Abstracts: Hanging pictures: photographic theory and the framing of images of execution
- Abstracts: Getting Ready for the "Big One". Successfully getting into advanced underwriting. Getting started hasn't been easy: Scotland tries ADR
- Abstracts: Looking to the Future: A Key to Success. The secret behind American export success. Ranking isn't everything; 'U.S. News' law school study overlooks important indicators of success